colossians, empire, and what jesus wants

A conversation about the book Colossians Remixed

Saturday, March 03, 2007

always read the NT with OT ears. (this was a good reminder.)

something that struck me as i read this chapter was the authors' brief description of william's struggle with absolutes and objectivity. (p.44) the authors said that william's epistemology is one that is "imposed on the text by those who have embraced Enlightenment definitions of truth."
i don't know if i've "embraced" the definitions of truth that are abstract and distant, but i don't know if i've embraced truth that is concrete and connecting either. since i am so unsure as to how i embrace truth it is something to think about.

of course i want to know a relational truth.

but, in my selfishness, constant activity, and lack of knowledge, often truth goes one way in my life. and i do not allow truth to pursue me, grasp me, know me, master me. i think that if i allowed truth to consume me, i would be less concerned with my own issues and i would have fewer private tantrums. i would be more concerned about God and his will for my life as it relates to my neighbors.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home